Sunday, 25 September 2016

50 SHADES DARKER: SLIP INTO SOMETHING DARKER


Do you know that 50 shades darker is set to come out next year valentine day, It is the second part to the 50 shades series, the first being 50 shades of Grey. I remember when the book came out (atleast when we knew about it) and all the hype that followed, we (my friend and I) started reading it with alot of enthusiasm and 'excitement' but by the time I got too the middle of the second part I got tired (yes, tired) and a lil irritated – Anastasia just kept going on and on (her convo with herself and the other thing, especially the other thing)
Usually movies don’t meet up to the expectation/hype of the book (see what they did to Angels and Demon, story for another day) but I wanted to see the characters (especially Anastasia and Grey) and the events in this book come to life. With all our hyping and waiting (we waited for about two year or so), I still didn't get to see the movie, still haven't because my friend totally discouraged me and went on and on about how bad the movie was and how it didn't meet up to 'our' expectation. Sigh!
Anyways, I saw the preview of ‘50 shades darker’ on Bellanaija and it really looked really interesting, I can’t wait for valentine next year to watch it! Whether ndi censor board like it or not. Lol
I totally understand if you don’t get this post, You can Google 50 shades of Grey or send me an email, I have the book in pdf (20+ biko) or  just enjoy the pictures. Hehe.
You can clearly see how this outfit relates to this post. (a lil sarcasm)

 So would you be watching 50 shades darker come valentine's day next year??
And btw guys, Lemme know in the comment section any book you have read and really enjoyed but the movie adaptation was sh!t

P.S: Shout out to justporsh and her sister, ceenthyah, for these lovely pictures

Thank you so much for reading. God bless you!

 FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER
Lots of love
Oluchi

25 comments :

  1. Looking gorgeous hun..I love the shoes
    Glad to have you back to blogging..xoxo

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn. You are so sweet Linda. It feels good to be back tho.

      Delete
  2. I am yet to even watch the first movie...even though I have read all 3 books.Love your shoes.

    www.molarabrown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. You should watch the 50 shades darker tho, the preview looks really interesting

      Delete
  3. Yaay! Welcome back first of all. You were missed. The movie adaptation of most books never meet up to expectation and that's what happened with Fifty Shades of Grey. I was reading the third book in the series(Fifty Shades Freed) but I lost the PDF file. It keeps getting interesting and I can't wait to for Feb 14 2017 after seeing the trailer.

    Your outfit is really lovely. I like your skirt and shoes. Welcome back once again.

    Evita In Progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, I have missed you. Can't wait

      Delete
  4. This outfit was definitely well put together
    I am usually frightened of front slits personally but everything looks so casual and fun, I could actually rock this look too
    And I loove your hair (red hair is just it for me-- right after grey)

    First time dropping by btw, but I really like your articles, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imabong you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your lovely comment. Grey hair is so right up my alley, very very soon.

      Delete
  5. Hello all, Let's start with the pretty obvious one... looking good dear, there's a fashionista in you waiting to burst out. Now unto the topic of the day, Books made into movies. i've been fortunate to read quite a number of truly engrossing and captivating books, of which a couple have been made into movies. One of my favourite is the book " A song of fire and ice" by George R.R. Martin whose movie adaptation is the very popular "Game of thrones" series. The book was awesome and i remember rufusing to watch the series as i felt at the time that it didn't live up to the "awesomeness" of the book (plus i was having mad fun watching people pulling out their hair over the twists in the plot, espicially as i already knew them all and could tell people what was going to happen next. Felt like a seer at the time lol). However, the series moved past the point where the books stooped, as the author hasn't released a new book in years! (if i catch the dude...) and then the series truly caught my fancy. it fast became one of my favourite series. so in a nutshell, i'd say it was a really really solid adaptation but hey, just my two cents tho... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn. Thank you. I hear game of throne is a good adaptation to the book. I need to get up to speed on the series asap.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed the Me Before You book but I think the movie didn't meet up. I haven't seen Fifty Shades of Grey, haven't read the book too. Lol @ 20+. I'm digging your skirts oh
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely. Now I dont know if to ginger' u or not to watch the movie but the second part looks interesting

      Delete
    2. First off...you haven't seen Game of Thrones????please just do like ASAP.
      Secondly...am super selective about movies I watch.I have seen 50 shades of boring grey and I was so happy it took me 7 months after it's release to watch it.That being said,am not about to join the bandwagon of people waiting for 50 shades darker.
      BTW,they make.trailers look interesting and I end up being disappointed when I see the movie.Just imagine Gods of Egypt..smh..boring stuff.
      Thirdly...your outfit is cute.I love the top...looks flirty in a cool way.
      Lastly...I will be in AbJ this friday...hehe..hope to meet you.

      Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. I would send you a mail very soon. Thank you so much for visiting. I know they make trailer very intriguing, let's pray this one comes out well.

      Delete
  7. Lovely outfit hun!!

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. About this books to movies issue, they actually never get it. I think every movie these days is over hyped so I watch them months after people stop going on and on about them. My biggest disappointment till date is "the fault in our stars". The movie did no justice. Love your style by the way. Super chic!

    www.adenowoseyi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn I didn't read the book - fault in our stars, I really love the main male character tho and the babe is amazing, great actress. I am not a movie person so I have to watch it with all the hype. Lol
      Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  9. Never read of watched fifty shades of grey after hearing about the overly explicit sex scenes. Moving on to the outfit, I think you did a great incorporation of the shades of grey. I love your shoes and how your hair pops with this look, Welcome back!

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice information. The story of fifty shades darker in very interesting. Yesterday I watch fifty shades darker online trailer on YouTube. Very interesting trailer i like very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. U look good in this outfit. Really nice. If u like explicit sex then let me know an i could treat u to some- im not really into the rough stuff though. let me know... x x x

    ReplyDelete