Thursday, 10 December 2015

TIPS FOR PLANNING A HOLIDAY PARTY

It has been a trying week.... I am trying to find balance and I need a new network provider. Sigh*
Today I am sharing some tips on hosting/planning a holiday party (mostly because I want to be invited - just putting it out there) because we don't all go to our villages and not everyone might have the license to go on various big parties around town or maybe you just want to host your own party for a change. Whatever your reasons, here are some tips you might find helpful;
  • The first thing you would want to do is DECIDE the kind of party you want - fancy cocktaily-dressed up- fancy dinner- casual homey-kind of party,  you actually have to make a decide, this makes everything easier. Do you want to host with some friends, maybe just your roomie and invite other friends or do you want to have everyone bring something and just chill out your house?? Whatever the case, you would have to make a decision because you need to plan and budget according to the party you want to throw. Well...unless you do not have a budget, it is the holiday season afterall, I don't know your situation and you might want to throw all kinds of party that goes on for weeks, then seriously you must invite me. :D
  • Talking about BUDGET, that is the next tip you should consider. Budget and plan the party according to the type of party you have decided to have. I would suggest you set an amount of money for it and work your way around it making little adjustments here and there.
  • Make a guest list and make this as loose as possible unless it is a strict party but most of the time friends would come with friends and that is something you want too, because we are sharing love and celebrating and the more the merrier. Also remember to send your INVITE early and also remind your friends as it gets closer to the day. Personally I think people would still show up no matter what because we like to go everywhere that there is free food and booze.
 www.sassyblack.com
  • DECORATE with atleast Christmas light because you need the place to feel as festive as possible but if you want to go all out, then a Christmas tree with ornaments, some stocking, more light maybe, (scented) candles, colourful garlands, wreath or anything that would make it a lot more  festive.
www.shutterstock.com
  • Most of the time people have eaten in their houses and just want some type of FOOD to chew on while they drink and party (because WE can't just be drinking, what do you take us for??) So you want to go for something light and easy like small chops, a tray of various meatss (yes!!), finger foods, maybe some salad etc, unless it is a big party then I would advice you get a buffet service and have people serve themselves because ain't nobody gat time for cooking, dishing and cleaning especially during the holiday.
http://www.dobbyssignature.com
  • Keep your guest ENTERTAINED. Although I think music would be enough and people would be networking with each other but it would be fun to throw in some extra spice such as - Karaoke, Charades, Truth or Dare (hehe) or any other thing you want. Its your party!!

Here is something else - As the host of the party, try and be calm as much as possible and spread positive energy, because your guest are watching you and you want them to be as comfortable as possible. Even if things go wrong, it is never that serious, it is time to have fun. It is the holidays afterall. Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and allow easy movements, I'd suggest a maxi or a shift dress (depending on the party) with lots of accessories.

         That is a wrap, I hope you find something helpful. Thank you much much for reading. God bless you
 HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
“CHRISTMAS IS A NECESSITY. THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST ONE DAY OF THE YEAR TO REMIND US THAT WE'RE HERE FOR SOMETHING ELSE BESIDE OURSELVES”Eric Sevareid, CBS News journalist (via ibtimes.com)
Please comment, share and connect with me via;
 FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER
XO
Oluchi

9 comments :

  1. Lol I want to plan a party so bad!! Soon soon
    Toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls do baby girl and don't forget to send the invites.

      Delete
  2. Really wanted to plan a party but then.. I became me n changed my mind. lol.. Might still do it tho.
    Miss u swty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss u too huni. Pls don't do you, change na. I really hope you do.

      Delete
  3. I dont want to plan a party but I dont mind attending one or two or three or .... Hehehe. Happy holidays darling.

    Epiphany29.com
    Animal Print X Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it darling. Can't believe I missed your give away. Thank you for reading

      Delete
  4. Tell me about that work/life/blog balance...it's such a juggling act.

    And by the way, I just planned a rather successful party if I may say so myself. I just made sure the food was in endless supply and by Jove, Nigerians love food!


    Your tip in budget, I should have heeded. Nice write up 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The juggling life my dear. Lol. But we do it. Thank you so much for visiting

      Delete
  5. I hope my friends read this,I want to attend parties ��

    ReplyDelete