Tuesday, 1 December 2015

THE TRADITIONAL OUTFITS + HAPPY NEW MONTH

hausa-woman-fashion-blogger-yoruba-woman-independence-day-iro-buba-ipele
 Hi guys. I almost want to scream "Happy Christmas" right now, I have to hold myself for three more weeks. Sighs! I have gotten a Happy Christmas tho, Hehe. Have you? This year flew by really fast, I feel like I can remember everything like it was yesterday. I am so grateful for this year, for today, for everyone I know and love but more on gratitude later, before I get carried away. lol.
This was the traditional post that I talked about in my last post here and you remember it was previewed here and I already did the Igbo look here. Now I you can continue reading
hausa-woman-fashion-blogger-yoruba-woman-independence-day-iro-buba-ipele
This picture above details the basic outfit of a traditional Yoruba woman (I am so sad you guys don't get to see the all beautiful pictures of this look, here is why) This was the first picture I took of the bunch, I felt so gorgeous and didn't want to take it off, well this was before I wore the Igbo outfit and I was like "can I never take this off, ever? (I am not being biased o, take a look here).
The traditional Yoruba outfit consist of the Buba (the blouse/top), Iro (the wrapper), the Gele (headscarf/ head wrap/ head tie), and the Ipele or the Iborun (which drapes from one of the shoulder), The gele and the shoulder shawl are mostly made of Ashoke. You just have too google alot of the things here but I still think I am teaching you alot, just thank me in the comment section. hehe.
You know understand why I said initially that my outfit is the basic or fundamental part of a Yoruba woman's traditional outfit.
The Yoruba woman definitely loves her jewelries and I am not even wearing enough. My fave Yoruba food has to been hands down Amala, what delicious goodness sent from heaven above, Love!!
The second look represent the Hausa woman, I don't think I did enough justice to this look tho and according to my sister I wasn't supposed to tie the wrapper on top of my blouse/top and I also wanted to do that henna thing on my hand (how mad would that have been, plus opportunity to finally do it) But I was pretty ill on that day and all I wanted was to get it over with. To make matter a lil worse, Stephany, the lady that made me up for the Independence day, Igbo and Yoruba shoot wasn't around and I didn't feel like doing anything that day but with the help of Rita who assisted and Blaise who shot it ,we made it beautiful. Unfortunately again, no real pictures to show for all the hard work but we did have fun tho.
The traditional Hausa woman outfit consists of a kind of Ankara material (the prints are usually different) mostly sewn into a top/blouse and a wrapper and scarf, the she carries a big veil, mostly matching it to one of the colours of the ankara material in her outfit and the veil is mostly made of a lighter fabric. Her accessories are mostly a matching pair of gold necklace and earrings and sometimes alot of bangles.
hausa-woman-fashion-blogger-yoruba-woman-independence-day-iro-buba-ipele
I have not been opportune to try out Hausa foods but I really like Masa and Suya (does that count) lol. Oh, Kilishi is amazing as well.
hausa-woman-fashion-blogger-yoruba-woman-independence-day-iro-buba-ipele
        That is all for the traditional looks, e don finish (I am done). I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy making them, so sorry there couldn't be more pictures. Thank you for you time. 
HAPPY NEW MONTHS LOVELY. Please begin now to make plan/start that new project because everyday is a new beginning. Wishing you God's guidance during this month.
Thank you so much for reading. Lots and Lots of Love. God bless you. Have a beautiful month. 
"FASHION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT EXISTS IN DRESSES ONLY. FASHION IS IN THE SKY, IN THE STREET, FASHION HAS TO DO WITH IDEAS, THE WAY WE LIVE, WHAT IS HAPPENING. - COCO CHANEL
Please comment, share and connect with me via;
 FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER
XO
Oluchi


18 comments :

  1. Happy new month Oluchi, Holiday season yaay!!

    Love the looks.. Wish I could tie a gele though.. sigh!

    xx Wangu

    http://pineconeshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could tie gele too. Steph did it for me. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  2. You are looking fly dear..I so love the outfit!

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely babe.. Like the concept.

    metrogypsie.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful.
    Happy new month to you too darling..

    www.epiphany29.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pretty gal always on point make up is just too perfect and u look stunning coming for the attire

    Yanikeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so beautiful dear, the pictures are gorgeous!!!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally! These pictures would do. You look simply beautiful. I really like both looks but I like the Yoruba outfit most. Cute!

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did us wrong with the Yoruba outfit oo.. u now did not post it all. I forgive you sha cause u still look AMAZING!!
    toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!
    You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures!
    You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well aren't you just a beauty?!👌

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like a fairytale weaved and spun with magic threads, the story of KHAS started with a dream over half a century back. A subsidiary of the Sadaqat Group, that has won respect and awards all over the world, the vision of Khas is to make the same quality available here in Pakistan.
    Boys bedding
    Girls bedding

    ReplyDelete