Tuesday, 13 October 2015

IGBO AMAKA

 Hey lovelies!! I have missed you guys so much. How are you? I am tempted to say 'Happy New Month' but its the 13th day of the month of October, Where is this month running to eh?
Here is that post I promised you from here, remember?? I know it is long over due and I do have quite a good reason for not posting earlier but lets forget all that, its here now, Okay?! :D
I have been thinking of what to write regarding this post (and the others too i.e. Yoruba and Hausa). I decided to go with little details of my outfit as regards to the ethnic group and my favourite food from that culture.
This is the usual attire of an Igbo woman, although it can change depending on what part  of the Igbo tradition she decides to go with but mostly you would see an Igbo woman dressed in a gorgeous lace top and two (gorge) wrappers, accessorised with mostly gold necklace and earrings and Igbo beads. (if at any point you want to be\dress like an Igbo lady just refer back to this blog ehear )lol.

My favourite Igbo food hands down has to be ofe onugbu aka Bitterleaf soup, (forget the name and give this a try). Btw if you decide to try out the recipe please incorporate fresh fish in to the recipe. Heavens!! I also really like equsi soup, although I am not sure if  it is purely an Igbo food.
That is a wrap ladies and gentlemen, Thank you so much for reading. God bless you.
"WHEN YOU'RE GROWING UP, YOU PLAY DRESS UP AS A GAME, IT'S A PASTIME. AND THEN AS YOU GET OLDER, GETTING READY AND LOOKING NICE BECOMES THIS CONSTANT STRESS. I WANT TO MAKE IT FUN AGAIN" - LAUREN CONRAD

Please comment, share and connect with me via;
 FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER
XO
Oluchi





27 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Awwn Grace. Right back at you babe. Thank you

      Delete
  2. This is so cute. 2 wrappers look good on you and I like the colour combination. Lovely!

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!Wow!Wow!

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thank you Linda. Glad to have wowed you.

      Delete
  4. I like Lauren Conrad's quote so nice.
    You are right oh when I want to dress like an Igbo woman, I have to refer to this post.
    You look lovely by the way.

    www.deargoddiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this i have to try....you look beautiful dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do and tag me when you do. Thank you for visting

      Delete
  6. I can never get tired of seeing Igbo traditional outfits, your outfit is beautiful, you are gorgeous!
    Modavracha | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Igbo attire! you look so good.

    www.georgetamunoene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gorge is beautiful! My mother would be so proud of you for this look. Your shoes are just on point! Fine girl.






    www.iblogwithgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. My mum was proud too, Igbo mums!!. Thank you Grace

      Delete
  9. I love our native attire. Igbo is very similar with urhobo.. Y'all be stealing our style.. lol #prouddeltagirl.
    You look really gorgeous in that outfit btw.

    Tega Enai
    www.tegaenai.com
    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tega. Haha. its a Nigerian thing, our cultures look alike yannoe.

      Delete
  10. You slayed this look!
    Nwanyi Oma! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post!
    Greetings,

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg you look so gorgeous girl! Maybe one day I'll marry an Igbo man and get to wear this lol

    www.djournae.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww girl I wish I had a same outfit this really looks good I'm in love with everything .

    Yanikeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the combination of white and red colors on you

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! Your Igbo outfit is gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Louisa
    LA PASSION VOΓ›TΓ‰​E​

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning, I especially love your heels. What I love about the igbos is their resilience and determination to succeed, you gotta admire them.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so beautiful. You did such a good job with this. Making me want to try it

    www.jbshares.com

    ReplyDelete