Monday, 10 August 2015

POLKADOT

*enters slowly and quitely*

 

Hi guys. How are you doing? I know. I know. I didn't keep my word as promised in my last post.
Please, please forgive me guys. I know you have forgiven me already. You have a good heart. Thank you. Hehe.
Now onto today's post. Pokadot is such a beautiful pattern. Do you agree?? They are an excellent way to incorporate some pattern into your wardrobe. I think everyone should have them in their wardrobe, yes? I remember the first time I saw this skirt, I was totally in love with it (Do you also have deep emotions for clothes???... story of my life tho)

 
 I loved the pattern and style of the skirt even though I thought it was a little too big and too long but I still really really liked it, so I got it.  I wanted to cut it short but Nonye (friend of mine) advised me against it and thank God that I listened. When I finally accepted to wear the skirt as it is, I fell in love with it again and since then I have paired it with everything in my wardrobe, yes I said everything and I promise i am not exaggerating. I know if you know me personally or have seen me physically, you have probably seen me in this skirt


 
I haven't worn this skirt in a really long time tho because I am trying to do that thing where you pack your clothes away for sometime, so that when you wear it again, it feels/looks new. Please comment below if you do this, I can't be the alone in this. lol.
When I got this pink pokadot top from Paula (a friend) I thought to pair it with this skirt for a fresh look (in my mind) and after getting my sister's approval, I decided it was blog worthy ;). What do you think?
I accessorized the outfit with some pink earrings, some black shoe and matched the bag to the belt.
Although this outfit is already retro in a way with the way it is but imagine it with some gloves, a hat and some shade (bad!! I tell you) lol.



"I DON'T THINK THERE IS EVER A WRONG TIME FOR POLKADOT "- MARC JACOBS
So let's discuss. What do you think of polkadot? Do you have some in your wardrobe? Do clothes give you emotions too? Please comment below.
Thank you guys so much for reading. You are amazing.

Please comment and share.
And guys you can keep in touch with me via:
 FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER
God bless you
XO
Oluchi









40 comments :

  1. Totally awesome!!! I love this, Pokardot it is for my babe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  2. Nice outfit!!!

    Yes, Clothes get me all emotional and Nope, I dont own a polka dot clothing 'yet'

    The Lady N The Hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I know right. Thank you for visiting Grace

      Delete
  3. Looking so cute and chic.Love your hair do as well
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great combination and it really suits you! I really like how you styled everything from head to toe.
    I feel strong emotions towards many of the items in my wardobe and I love polkadot! I wore a polkadot dress on my birthday last year actually :)

    http://metodayyoutomorrow.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Assumpta, such a pretty name. Awwn too cute. Hope you have the outfit post up on your blog. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. i like the polka dot...its cute..i have a bold polka dot skater skirt which i sometimes do pair up with a polka dot peter pan top

    www.glowyshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Glowy, I can't even begin to tell you how cute you'd look especially if you pair it with one of those of your zara sandals. Baebey!!! Haha. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I love the way you paired up your outfit love the earrings . Gorgeous indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good. love you polka dot skirt.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I huni, Thank you for visiting Carina

      Delete
  8. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love Polkadots, and now that I think of it, I am putting on a pokadot shirt, wow! I think I need to stock up some more pair of it now that I have seen more reasons to do that huh! love ur earrings baebay kudos keep on rocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwn Blinks. Pokadot sister or what. Lol. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  10. Love the print, I'm a huge fan of polka dot and funny enough don't have a piece in my wardrobe.
    Nice hair
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should get one. Thanks for visiting beautiful.

      Delete
  11. Lovely pictures. I'm also a polka dot fan,have a piece I can't stop wearing.
    https://thecreativebukei.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love ur outfit huni. N ur hair.. Very lovely. Keep up d good work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures..I love how you put together the outfit..so so gorgeous dearie..xx

    www.lindasworldofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree, I love poker dots!! You look really good, First timer and i love your blog already....xxx

    www.sunlightdreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ifunanya, Thanks you so much for visiting and your kind words. Welcome!!

      Delete
  15. Love your blog... And yes am a first timer..
    PhEezycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boyode. Welcome love and Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  16. You look gorgeous !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Polka dots!
    Your skirt's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great blog :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look and i totally understand the packing away, i haven't worn the skirt in my latest post for over 2 years too!
    Modavracha | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you didn't cut the skirt, the midi length makes it all the more elegant on you. polka dots never get old. Great combination and accessorizing.

    Greetings from Minneapolis,

    Ifeoma
    https://anafropolitaninminnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this look.
    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi oluchi do u kwn me.well i like what ur doing am also fashion freak well keep it up

    ReplyDelete