Monday, 27 July 2015

NEONS AND STRIPES

        
   Hey lovelies. Hope your day is going well?
Don't you just just love neons? It is so colourful and playful, yet chic and trendy. Neons makes me happy, I have to admit. I have so many neon green outfits in my wardrobe and I also wear them alot too. (yep, I am probably that walking piece of lime green you saw sometime ago)


For this outfit, I think I was going for a playful, cute but edgy chic look, How did I do? So I paired this gorgeous pleated neon green skirt with an off-shoulder stripe top, added this edgy ankle boot  and called it a day.

                                    Looking at it now, I think I should have added a skinny belt. Ohwell... 

This top combines my obsession for the off-shoulder trend and one of my favourite prints, stripes, together. So ofcourse I had to get it when I saw it, although admittedly the top isn't off-shoulder on me as I would like it to be but I still love it.


AND...Can we just take a moment to appreciate the SHOES and the legs. This was one of those love at first sight kinda situations. I had to get these beauties even though they were actually not my size ( I could write an epistle on why I deserve a new shoe anytime, don't try me). lol



I wear a good size 40 (size 9), and I can squeeze into a size 39 (size 8) but mostly in sandals. These shoes were a size 39 and they are boots, I don't need to tell you that whenever I wear these babies, I had to do some serious feet pampering and I would not be able to walk for a while. I needed some solutions and being the YouTube administrator that I am, I went on YouTube to search for it. I learned a cool tip on how to stretch your shoes if you had to buy a shoe a size smaller than your actual size and how to shrink your shoes when you go a size up (don't use tissue yet), I would share next time. This was the trick I wanted to use for that Jumia's clearance shoe sales if I see a shoe that isn't quite my size, but it turns out, the shoes I saw for the clearance were all under size 8 :(


So that is it guys. What do you think, would you wear neon and stripes together? What do you think about the off-shoulder trend? Where do you think you can wear this to? let me know in the comment section.
IMPOSSIBILITY IS GOD SPECIALTY -  via @tokemakinwa
                                Wishing you a very colorful week.
Thank you so much for reading.
Please comment and share.


God bless you
xo
Oluchi

20 comments :

  1. Cute hair color and outfit :)
    Agnes x

    http://blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bae, This is definitely dope. Imma try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swty! I hope u will get similar stuff 4 me

      Delete
    2. Swty! I hope u will get similar stuff 4 me

      Delete
    3. Awwn Timi. If u do, please lemme know, you totally look gorgeous in it. I can see it.
      Stephanie Ahaaan na. I am coming to your wardrobe real soon

      Delete
  3. I would have never thought of this color combination, the cut of the skirt looks great on you.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE!!
    I think the shoe graced the outfit.
    Though, it's a Cool match altogether.

    But where is the bag? The bag will definitely have alot to say....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, U know me and my big bags, We didn't want it to take away from the outfit na
      Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit. Those shoes tho!!!

    Epiphany29.com
    Stuntn' Like Shaba Ranks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the shoes. Thank you for visiting Grace

      Delete
  6. Ooo those shoes.. Luvly. Luv ur outfit all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting dear. And yes those shoes!!

      Delete
  7. Loving the skirt. I love how you paired it with a stripped tee. So trendy and chic.

    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharron. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  8. Love your shoes.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Oluchi,

    I love bright colours, your skirt is great.

    You look perfectly styled, and yes, I took a moment to appreciate the hot legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colours are my things so I love this skirt
    You can never go wrong with stripes and neon.
    Beautiful blog here...thanks for stopping by mine...appreciate

    Would follow you on GFC...do follow back :)

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neon and stripe always works. Tried it twice and it turned out well. Yours looks gorgeous!

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete