Wednesday, 29 July 2015

HOW TO: MAKE YOUR SHOES COMFORTABLE

Hey guys! Hope you are all doing well?
In my last post I said I was going to share a cool tip with you guys, that I learned on YouTube, on how to make your shoes more comforatble, that is, shrinking your shoe if it is a little bigger than your feet or how to break into a shoes if they are too tight for your feet. Let's get started, Shall we;
The First solution is for new leather shoes or tight/under size shoes. As you know, sometimes new leather shoes can be a little stiff and small, and someone must have told you to walk in them for a while so as to break them. I know I have done that and afterwards my toes would be on fire and other times it won't even work. Stop doing that! I have a solution for you. Dleona to the rescue! lol.


Wear your shoes with a pair of socks and blow dry over the shoes using a blow dryer. Then remove sock try the shoes out, continue to do this until you are satisfied with the result. OR
Put water into a Ziploc bag (you can also use the normal white nylon, If you live in Nigeria or any nylon you like) and put the bag of water inside your shoes and freeze them over night. 


Remember your senior secondary Physics lessons on water expanding when it turns to ice? Ah! And you thought you were never going to use that piece of information in real life situations. So when the water turns to ice, as it expands it also expand your shoe. Now smile :D

Picture from here
The second solution are for shoes that are a little too big for your feet. This involves applying water on the edge inside the shoe but be careful not to get it on the sole or spray water around the ankle parts of the shoes on the outside, then using a blow dryer (make sure it is not too hot) around the shoes. You can repeat this a couple of times until you get your desired results.

I hope this helps someone. If you have another way of breaking into a new shoe or shoes generally or shrinking them, Please share in the comment section below.

P.S. Konga is doing something the call 'the under 5k shop', and the shoes section is amazing, I am confused on what to get. And no I am not affiliated with Konga in anyway, this just a friendly notice, because we are all friends and we help each other out, Yes?
"Giving a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world" - Marilyn Monroe
 Thank you so much for reading, Please like, Share, Comment.
 God bless you
xo
Oluchi 

21 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tips and of course I'm gonna try these cos, I've got both under size and over size"wink". Hope it produces a good result ooo. Now that I'm thinking of it, is the method only applicable to leather shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome dear. No I don't think so, although I do have mostly leather shoes but these should work well for other material of shoes. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  2. Honestly this is so useful. I've been in situations where I ordered shoes online without trying them on first in the store, so the shoes would sometimes be to big or too small. I'm usually too lazy to return items that I buy online so my shoes just go to waste. I'll definitely remember this. - culturedmisprint.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. I was also happy when I found them

      Delete
  3. Best piece and most useful tip on fashion I've come across Since the 2nd half of the year.
    I've wasted so many shoes and I just tried this on my favourite shoe I never wore cause it's Undersize, and this solution worked. Am rocking my shoe to work tomorrow. #Dancing

    Thanks so much dearie for this piece of information that will help many.
    AMA SO GONNA SHARE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn darling, You are welcome. Thanking you for visiting, pls do share

      Delete
  4. I didn't know about the blow dryer method. Thanks for sharing..

    Epiphany29.com
    10 Cool Fashion Tips You Should Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome Grace, Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  5. This is pretty cool, I have a few shoes that are a bit tight so I'm going to try the blow-dry method. Let's see how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah. Lemme know how it works for you

      Delete
  6. Great thoughts and tips, Nice of you to share. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting. That's why I am here

      Delete
  7. great idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, abandoned kul shoes, here I rock... Thanks abunch dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *thinks about shoes that are too small*

    I guess my shoes are sleeping in the freezer very soon.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loool funny but i think it worth it trying lool definitely have a couple a shoes that needs that thsnos for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loool funny but i think it worth it trying lool definitely have a couple a shoes that needs that thsnos for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loool funny but i think it worth it trying lool definitely have a couple a shoes that needs that thsnos for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tips, would definitely be trying the ice one. Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete